I vaguely remember my childhood, but I do remember that Christmas was indeed my favorite holiday. Not only did we get two glorious weeks off from school, but we also got new stuff to add to the collection of other stuff. It was great!
I do remember one year that I made up my mind that I would see Santa, no matter what. I tried sleeping on the ouch, but that didn't work out all that well, as mom just told me to sleep in my room.
I tossed and turned on the top bunk of my sister and mine's bed, wondering if there was a specific time Santa would show up. I didn't want to miss it for the world.
Everyone was settling in for the night, the lights were turned off and my sister was asleep with her earphones in, listening to music that was garbled to my ears. I decided that this would be the perfect time to sneak out of my room to wait for Santa.
I shimmied quietly down the ladder of the bunk bed and tip-toed to the door, creaking it open just enough to fit my body through like a ninja. I jumped over a creaky spot in the floor to the adjacent shelf covered wall and peeked around the corner.
I was infuriated.
There was my step dad, eating the cookies I had left out for Santa. And he even ate the carrots I had left for the reindeer! I wanted to march over to him and slap his hand, scolding him that those were for Santa, not him.
But, I knew that if I did that, I probably would have been grounded. So I remained in my hiding spot and watched the mutiny continue to unfold. My mom then brought out a couple of gifts, and I had extreme suspicions.
When they finally went to bed, I did my little ninja thing and peeked at the tags. Sure enough, the gifts mom brought out were indeed from Santa.
I just put in my head that Santa called and said he had a flat and couldn't make it this year and went back to bed, awaiting the surprises that the next day would bring.
Merry Christmas all, and just remember that gifts aren't everything!
Here, have fun with this! PG-13 for language!
No comments:
Post a Comment