January 14, 2011

First post of 2011

Well, since nobody ever reads this, I guess I'll go wild. Or something like that. I don't know, I am incapable of forming coherent thoughts currently, as I am tired like you wouldn't believe.


Happy New Year everyone! Even if it is a few weeks late.


Have you noticed how things are becoming more and more childproof?


Especially food wrappers?


I have an extremely hard time with candy cane wrappers in particular. Friggin' shrink-wrapped bastards.


And also chip bags. It doesn't matter what kind of chip bag it is, potato chips or corn chips, there will always be one that gives you a struggle. Its like they purposefully super-glued it shut, and then put a tiny tiny camera somewhere on the bag so they can laugh at your pitiful attempts at opening it. I hate you, super-gluer of chip bags!


Also, bottles. I don't have as much trouble with bottles as I do with bags, but its still pathetic some times. I have a friend who always manages to get the bottles that don't want to open. It's like they're saying "NO. I don't want you to drink out of my head!" Like how the Kool-Aid guy comes busting through people's walls only to let them drink out of his head. Its not right.


We can be sitting there for hours, thinking up creative ways to open this one blasted bottle. And then there's always The One. The One who thinks it would be a great idea to smack the lid against something to "loosen it up". Oh, it'll loosen it up alright. It will loosen it up enough to where the pressure of whatever's inside to become too unbearable for the plastic to contain and BOOM. Congrats, The One. You just spewed soda all over everyone, and onto the floor. Oh, don't bother wiping it up with a napkin, it'll get sticky either way. Unless, of course, you mop it up. But what happens if there is no mop in sight? Screwed.


Coming to a close, I hate food packaging. Ok, so hate is a strong word. I really really really dislike food packaging.


Goodnight, I think its time I start not going to bed so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment